OPEN TO THE PUBLIC 7 DAYS(ADDRESS IN CONTACT US LE12 8NX)
ALSO NATIONWIDE DELIVERY SEE RIGHT HAND PANEL FOR RATES (FREE OVER £300!)
-CHOOSE YOUR PLANTS ON LINE OR BY PHONE 01509621300 (MON-FRI 9-5 SAT 9-4 SUN 10-4)
AND WE WILL DELIVER BY COURIER OR BY OUR OWN TRANSPORT IF LARGE
- ORVISIT USAND CHOOSE YOUR PLANTS AND WILL DELIVER OR YOU COLLECT
-ORDER AND PAY TO HAVE AT A LATER DATE IF YOU WISH
NATURAL WATER RETAINING PROPERTY OF YEW MEANS THE PLANTING WINDOW IS FAR LONG AND ROOTBALL YEW CAN EVEN BE PLANTED IN SUMMER MONTH UNLIKE FOR EXAMPLE LAUREL HEDGING
The Yew Hedge – ‘The Traditional British Garden-Look’
Looking to give your outdoor space that traditional, British garden look? Need an easy-to-manage hedge to safeguard your privacy? You’re a keen topiarist with plenty of shrub-shaping ideas in mind? Then a Yew hedge offers everything you could ever need from a garden plant.
The Yew (Taxus baccata) is a fetching evergreen tree (or shrub) that is native to Britain.
Yew hedging is not particularly as slow growing as is often portrayed; in fact, it can grow upwards of 30cm per year. The plants’ dark green narrow leaves are present all-year-round, with lighter green leaves signifying new growth in the spring, whilst red fruits (berries) are displayed during the autumn.
Why Have A Yew Hedge?
Yew evergreen hedging has a great reputation amongst gardeners, so much so that some have named it ‘The King of Hedges’. It isn’t hard to see why – planted for thousands of years throughout Britain and Continental Europe, Yew has a wide range of benefits. Some of which include:
- The dense evergreen foliage of a yew hedge plant does not just make for a great screen for privacy and security, it also can help to reduce noise from the outside (and inside) and act as a framing canvas for your other garden plants.
- It is a low maintenance hedging plant and can be kept in shape by a simple annual pruning.
- Yew hedging is pretty versatile when it comes to its planting site – it can thrive in most soils and amounts of shade, all it requires is good drainage.
- Being a native evergreen, a Yew hedge can have a positive impact on the environment, adding to the local biodiversity.
- On a similar theme, the English Yew hedge is particularly popular with wildlife, as it offers both food and shelter for a wide variety of birds. Robins, Jays and Waxwings are common autumn/winter visitors, searching as they do for the red berries, and Wrens often visit to make themselves a nest in the dense foliage.
- Yew hedging plants are available in all bare root types, with pot grown, cell grown and instant troughs available all year round. In fact, Yew is one of very few evergreen plants that come in bare root form – unlike most other root ball species, the root balls of the Taxus baccata can be planted at any time of year (except during the hotter months).
- The Yew is well-known for being a long-living species – there are many yew hedges that are still standing, despite being planted hundreds of years ago. In fact, one of the oldest trees in Britain is The Fortingall Yew, which can be found in Perthshire,
Hedging Taxus Baccata Hedging 80-100cm plant height, width 35-40cm down to £15 with 30% off (50 plants needed for this price) - SOLD OUT - TAKING ORDERS FOR AUTUMN 2019
Hedging Taxus Baccata Hedging 100-120cm plant height, width 40cm down to £19.92 with 30% off (20 PLANTS NEEDED FOR THIS PRICE) - AVAILABLE NOW
Hedging Taxus Baccata Hedging 120-150cm plant height, width 40-50cm down to £50 with 30% off - EXTRA QUALITY - WIRE ROOTBALL - LAST FEW!
Hedging Taxus Baccata Hedging 120-150cm plant height, width 60cm down to £41.30 with 30% off (50 plants required for this price) - AVAILABLE NOW - EXTRA WIDE PLANTS! SOLD OUT!!!!
Hedging Taxus Baccata Hedging 150-175cm plant height, width 40-50cm down to £52.82 with 30% off (10 PLANTS NEEDED) - SOLD OUT - TAKIG ORDERS FOR AUTUMN
Hedging Taxus Baccata Hedging 175-200cm plant height, width 50cm down to £88.50 with 30% off (20 plants needed for this price) - SOLD OUT - TAKIG ORDERS FOR AUTUMN
Hedging Taxus Baccata Hedging 200-225cm plant height, width 50cm down to £140 with 30% off (10 plants needed for this price) - SOLD OUT - TAKIG ORDERS FOR AUTUMN
Hedging Taxus Baccata Hedging 225-250cm plant height, width 70-80cm down to £165 with 30% off (10 PLANTS NEEDED FOR THIS PRICE) - SOLD OUT - TAKIG ORDERS FOR AUTUMN
Hedging Taxus Baccata Hedging 250-300cm plant height, width 80cm down to £339.50 with 30% off - SOLD OUT - TAKIG ORDERS FOR AUTUMN
Hedging Taxus Baccata Hedging 300-350cm plant height down to £840 with 30% off - AVAILABLE NOW -
Pleached Taxus Baccata Screening Panel (180cm wide x 180cm tall x 25cm deep) - SOLD OUT - TAKING ORDERS FOR SPRING 2019
Hedging Taxus Baccata Hedging MASSIVE 450-500cm (15-16ft) plant height , width 200cm (6ft 6in)
Taxus Baccata Hedging Units 300cm tall x 120cm wide
Taxus Baccata Hedging Units 300cm tall x 120cm wide - SOLD OUT